First of all, fishing in America has a great history. Long before America got its title as the USA, fishing provided residents of the country with food and jobs. It helped to develop the economy of the country and then became an American recreation activity that people became very proud of. It’s even hard to
NEO Fish In Chicks
#GetYourFishOn #TheWaterIsOpen Get on Board! | Women Campaign
Fishing in Ohio
COMMON CATCHES IN OHIO
- The walleye is a wide-ranging, North American species that occurs virtually everywhere on the mainland.
- The largemouth bass is the most popular freshwater game fish in the U.S. Learn more about how you can identify a largemouth bass, where to catch it and what bait and lures to use.
- The smallmouth bass is the second largest member of the sunfish family attaining a weight of almost 12 lb.
- The common carp is a prolific survivor, and able to tolerate many conditions and bottom types, making it an ideal species for pond culture.
- It was once believed that there were at least four species of muskellunge, but these varieties are now considered to be one species
- The lake trout has considerable value both as a sport fish and a food fish.
NEO Fish N' Chicks is a group of women interested in fishing and the outdoors based in Northeast Ohio. The group will travel and women from anywhere are encouraged to join! All skill levels are welcome from never touched a fish to seasoned anglers!
Kelsey Brown Founder Of NEO Fish N Chicks
Helpful Video Tips
OHIO DEPARTMENT OF NATURAL RESOURCES