NEO Fish In Chicks
#GetYourFishOn #TheWaterIsOpen Get on Board! | Women Campaign
Fishing in Ohio
COMMON CATCHES IN OHIO
- The walleye is a wide-ranging, North American species that occurs virtually everywhere on the mainland.
- The largemouth bass is the most popular freshwater game fish in the U.S. Learn more about how you can identify a largemouth bass, where to catch it and what bait and lures to use.
- The smallmouth bass is the second largest member of the sunfish family attaining a weight of almost 12 lb.
- The common carp is a prolific survivor, and able to tolerate many conditions and bottom types, making it an ideal species for pond culture.
- It was once believed that there were at least four species of muskellunge, but these varieties are now considered to be one species
- The lake trout has considerable value both as a sport fish and a food fish.